Sunday, December 25, 2016

Five on my Bucket List for 2017


Many would refer to this exercise as writing a New Year’s Resolution, but I’d simply call it listing of the possibilities for me.  I wish to call them my bucket list for 2017.   Not all of them are completely within my own power to undertake and complete, but let’s just say they are my expectations that I will try to work hard to achieve.

One.  Stay alive and healthy.  I hope to have a healthier life in 2017.  On this matter, I’d like to quote Woody Allen.  He once said, “I’m not afraid of death.  I just don’t want to be there when it happens.”

Bottom line is, I wish that I would not only be alive but must be able to function as I did, say, a couple of decades ago.  I sure hope that would be enough for me to do the things I still feel I need to do.  

Two.  I hope to be able to continue doing the things that I did in 2016 that provided me with some resources to continue living my life.  It is important to me to be able to provide for my needs as an ageing man, including that for my partner in life.  It is absolutely very important to me that I know and feel I'm still useful to myself and to those I love.

Three.  I hope that more friends will have access to my forthcoming book titled, Agcom-Devcom Crossover, A Participant-Observer’s Journey. I certainly would enjoy being invited to various HEIs to talk about the book and about the Devcom academic program at UPOU.

Four.  It is definitely my hope to be able to put into writing other things that I have not been able to do these past few years.  It certainly would be useful to be able to write about my experience as Chancellor of UPOU.  Up until now, I haven’t been able to write my memoirs.  Is this worth pursuing?  I wonder.  But I guess I would need a URA for this.

Five.  I hope I would gain more time to research and write about my life in Batanes.  More importantly, I would like to write about the farming system in Itbayat, Batanes.  This would entail some funding.  I hope I will be able to discover how this project idea could be pursued and completed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment